Top 10 Ceiling Fan In India(2021)
A ceiling fan is a mechanical fan mounted on the ceiling of a room or space, usually electrically powered, that uses hub-mounted rotating blades to circulate air. They cool people effectively by increasing air speed. Fans do not reduce air temperature or relative humidity, unlike air-conditioning equipment but create a cooling effect by helping to evaporate sweat and increase heat exchange via convection . Fans may add a small amount of heat to the room due to friction and waste heat from the motor. Fans use significantly less power than air conditioning as cooling air is thermodynamically. expensive. In the winter a ceiling fan can also be used to bring warm air, which naturally rises, back down to occupants. This can affect both thermostat readings and occupants’ comfort, thereby improving climate control energy efficiency.
Benefits of Ceiling Fan
A built in ceiling fan can also be a great safety feature. Many floor fans can tip and break easily, and can be quite dangerous with young children around, with those fast blades spinning round and round. By having the fan on the ceiling there are likely to be far fewer accidents, since it will be up and out of everyone’s way.
Most fans are positioned about 12 inches below the ceiling so it is unlikely to accidentally touch it, unless of course, you’re a giant. This can also make the home seem less cluttered with heating and cooling devices. The functional benefits of ceiling fans can be felt in both winter and summer, by providing an aesthetically pleasing and cost effective solution for your home heating and cooling.
Power Consumption of a Ceiling Fan
To help people make electricity consumption as deciding factor and reduce their electricity bill, we have listed below selected brands in India based on their power consumption.
- 20 to 32 Watt Ceiling Fans Typically Energy Star, BLDC or DC Motor ceiling fans are going to be found in this category. These fans consume drastically less energy than any other ceiling fans in the market. Low power consumption means more savings in Electricity. Only few have achieved success under this category like ATOMBERG (28 watts, 220.00 CMM), Orient ECOTECH (32 watts, 220.00 CMM).
- 35 to 50 Watt Ceiling Fans35 to 50 Watt Ceiling Fans exclude a majority of the energy star ceiling fans but include some of the most energy efficient ceiling fans in the industry, based on their motor size ran at the highest speed. Brand which falls under this category are Super fan SUPER A1 (35 watts, 220.00 CMM), Usha TECHNIX (43 watts, 210.00 CMM), Orient ENERGY STAR (48 watts, 210.00 CMM).
- 50 to 65 Watt Ceiling Fans Most 5 star fans, which claim to be consuming lowest wattage falls under this category. Some well-known brands which fall under this category are Havells ES 50 (50 watts, 218.00 CMM), Crompton HS PLUS (53 watts, 218.00 CMM), EESL fans.
- 65 to 80 Watt Ceiling Fans Most of the ceiling fans in India consume around 70-80 watts. As energy efficient ceiling costs more, people prefer cheap fans even though they consume more of energy. Brands under this category are Khaitan, Relaxo, Usha.
- 80 to 95 Watt Ceiling Fans Some of the more common 60″ and greater ceiling fans can be found in this category. Due to the larger sized motors being ran at high speed they will typically draw 80 to 95 watts.
- 95 to 110 Watt Ceiling Fans Not too many ceiling fans in the industry draw this much wattage but the ones that do are truly unique and high-end ceiling fans. It does take power to get some of these truly great ceiling fans up and running. People who do not change their fan for years too fall under this category.
Though there is a large variety of fans to choose from, one must always think of a long term solution. Atomberg fans consumes 65% less power than the ordinary ceiling fans, which means you save more on your electricity bill.
Circulating air from a fan can dry out your mouth, nose, and throat. This could lead to an overproduction of mucus, which may cause headaches, a stuffy nose, sore throat, or even snoring. While a fan won’t make you sick, it may worsen symptoms if you’re already under the weather.
Best Ceiling Fan In India:
[table id=7 /]
1. Atomberg Renesa 1200 mm BLDC Motor with Remote 3 Blade Ceiling Fan (Brown and Black, Pack of 1)
Color Name:Brown and Black
Atomberg Technologies is a VC backed company started by a group of IIT & IIM Graduates. Atomberg believes that Indian Consumers deserve better and hence have entered the space of building Smart & Energy Efficient appliances that stand upto the global standards. Atomberg Renesa is based on BLDC technology which stands for brushless Direct Current Technology. The fans can be connected to the regular AC supply that is distributed in Major Indian households; however, the fan internally runs of 24V DC. Due to the use of BLDC Technology the fans consume only 28W on the highest speed & as low as approximately 6W on the lowest speed. Compared to an ordinary Induction based Ceiling fan, Atomberg Renesa can save up-to Rs. 1500/ Year on your electricity bills. Atomberg Renesa runs 3 Times longer on an inverter battery when you compare it an ordinary Induction Based Ceiling Fan.
- Super Energy Efficient BLDC Motor: Consumes only 28W on the highest Speed
- SAVE UP TO Rs. 1500 PER YEAR on your electricity bill with each fan
- RUNS 3 TIMES LONGER ON INVERTER BATTERY as compared to an ordinary Induction fan
- SMART REMOTE with features like Boost, Sleep, Speed Control, and Timer mode
- 3 YEARS WARRANTY: 2 Years onsite warranty + 1 Year Extended warranty on registration
- HIGH-SPEED FANS: Output Parameters at par than that of a normal Ceiling Fan
- LED INDICATION FOR SPEED: Can also be used as a night lamp
- NO REGULATOR NEEDED: The speed of the fan can be changed by just toggling the On/OFF switch
- INVERTER STABILIZATION TECHNOLOGY: Runs consistently at the same speed even with fluctuating input voltage
2. Orient Electric Apex-FX 1200mm Ceiling Fan (Brown)
Highly reliable and durable, Orient electric Apex air ceiling fan is a must-have for your home. Available in 2 different colors, this fan will seamlessly blend with the décor of your room. Equipped with a powerful copper motor, Orient electric Apex air delivers high air delivery and air thrust to offer the best in comfort and coolness. The powder coating provides longer life to the fan.
- Installation is not provided by brand. For product related queries please contact at 
- Blade size- 1200 mm (48 Inches); Super reliable and efficient copper motor; Motor Speed:370rpm
- Simple design for simple lifestyle; Number of Poles: 12 ; Power Consumption (in Watts): 40 ; Number of Speed Setting: 5
- Power consumption: 78 Watts; Comes in brown and white color options; Inverter compatible
- Air Delivery: 200 m3/min; Service Value: 2.5 CMM/Watt; Bottom Cover material: Aluminium
- Top Cover Material: CRCA; Downrod Length: 206 mm
- Blade material: GP; Warranty: 2 year on product
3. Luminous Dhoom 1200mm 70-Watt High Speed Ceiling Fan (Brown)
Luminous Dhoom is a high-speed ceiling fan that brings the best of style, attractive design and performance to your home and office. It is designed to work even under low voltage conditions and maximize air circulation. It comes with high-speed and aerodynamic blades. It adds life to your living and work spaces even as it freshens and cools every corner. Luminous Dhoom fan is designed for higher air delivery and lower temperature rise.
- Blade Size: 1200 mm; Fan Speed: 380 RPM; Air Delivery: 220 CMM
- Design: Non-corrosive high-grade aluminum motor body and blades along with pure electrolytic grade copper windings wire on motor ensures longer life of the product
- Number of Blades: 3 wider blades that ensures a wider conical spread of breeze in all corners of room
- Motor: High-speed motor produces a high-speed of rotation and ensures better heat dissipation
- Power Consumption: 70 Watts; Operating Voltage: 220V – 240V
- Warranty: 2 years on manufacturing defects. For any product-related information after its delivery, kindly reach us at 18001033039
- Includes: Luminous Dhoom ceiling fan, warranty card, and an installation guide
4. Havells ES-50 Five Star 1200mm Ceiling Fan (off-White)
The only respite from the blistering heat these days is energy-saving ceiling fans that are functional and affordable too. So keep your room breezy and well-ventilated with the Havells ceiling fan. If you are looking for a good quality fan with impressive looks and performance, the Havells ES 50 ceiling fan is an ideal choice. Coming from Havells, you can be rest assured about the durability of the fan. This is a three-blade 5 star rated fan that consumes extremely less energy while keeping your room airy.
- Installation is not provided by brand. For product related queries please contact at 18001031313
- Blade size- 1200 mm (48 Inches)
- Sweep: 1200 millimeters
- Customer service number: 18001031313
- Speed: 350 rpm
- Air Delivery: 225 cmm
- Service value: 4.20 cmm/w
- Power: 50 watts
- Warranty: 2 years on product
- Speed: 350 RPM
- Air Delivery: 215 CMM
- Service value: 4.20 CMM/W
5.Havells Nicola 1200mm Ceiling Fan (Bronze Copper)
Available in 600mm, 900mm, 1200mm and 1400mm sweeps Power consumption: 72 watts
Installation is not provided by brand. For product related queries Motor protection through thermal overload protection device: NA
Sales package contains Fan Motor, Blade Set, DownRod, Canopy Set, Shackle Kit, and Twisted Wire, guarantee card
- Installation is not provided by brand. For product related queries please contact_us on: [ 18001031313 ]
- Blade size- 1200 mm (48 Inches)
- Metallic paint finish, Optimum performance even at low voltage
- Customer service number: 18001031313
- Contemporary elegant design
- Available in stunning color combinations
- Decorative trims on motor cover and blades
- Available in 600mm, 900mm, 1200mm and 1400mm sweeps
- Power consumption: 72 watts
- Warranty: 2 years on product
6. Atomberg Renesa+ 1200 mm BLDC Motor with Remote 3 Blade Ceiling Fan (Pearl White, Pack of 1)
Atomberg Technologies is a VC backed company started by a group of IIT & IIM Graduates. Atomberg believes that Indian Consumers deserve better and hence have entered the space of building Smart & Energy Efficient appliances that stand upto the global standards. Atomberg Renesa+ is based on BLDC technology which stands for brushless Direct Current Technology.
The fans can be connected to the regular AC supply that is distributed in Major Indian households; however, the fan internally runs of 24V DC. Due to the use of BLDC Technology the fans consume only 28W on the highest speed & as low as approximately 6W on the lowest speed. Compared to an ordinary Induction based Ceiling fan, Atomberg Renesa+ can save up-to Rs. 1500/ Year on your electricity bills.
- Elegantly designed fan base
- Contact_us on: [ 18001031313 ]
- 120 ribs guard. oscillation degree : 60˚
- Pull cord control for speed and oscillation on-off
- Aerodynamically designed and balanced blades
- Speed: 1350 RPM. Rated voltage 230 V
- Air Delivery: 72 CMM
7. Sense Connect With Smart BLDC Technology 1200 MM Sweep 3 Blade Remote Control 14 High Speed Options New Launch Ceiling Fan With Anti Dust Features(Ocean Blue,Pack Of 1)
The Ottomate smart fan series are designed to give you the right airflow at the right time.Ottomate Fan gives you finest in class Air Delivery (230 CMM), Higher RPM Powerful Motor. Fan features Urbane & Distinctive Looks to give your home an elegant look.
With an inbuilt thermal comfort algorithm, they can sense temperature to automatically modify the air delivery.
- 14 Speed Options:Not just 5, run the fan at any ,2 Years Warranty ; The Power of Choice One Motor, Multiple Blade Color Options speed of choice
- BLDC is better: Saves 60% electricity and offers ; best Air Flow Category winning 230 CMM Air Delivery Smart Fan Features.
- Anti-Dust Coated with a special layer.
- Otto Mode: Automatic speed adjustment with ambient temperature sensor, Breeze Mode: Natural airflow inside the room.
- Turbo Mode: 10% faster than the top fan speed ; Anti-Dust Coated with a special layer that prevents dust settling
8. Havells Pacer 1200mm Ceiling Fan (Brown)
Havells has become one of the leading manufacturers of high-quality home appliances. Their range of ceiling fans in particular has become extremely popular. The Havells Pacer ceiling fan is one of their most competent models. As the name suggests, this is an exceptionally fast 3 blade ceiling fan. With a speed of 400RPM, it gives you air delivery of 235cmm that is ideal for large sized rooms. Even during phases of low voltage, the performance of this Havells ceiling fan does not go down and it gives you the much-needed relief from heat.
- Installation is not provided by brand. For product related queries please contact_us_on: [ 18001031313 ]
- Blade size- 1200 mm (48 Inches)
- High speed fan
- Double ball bearings
- Excellent performance even at low voltage
- Speed: 400 RPM
- Air Delivery: 235 CMM
- Power Consumption -75 W
- Color: Brown
- Warranty: 2 years on product
9. Luminous 1200MM New York Brooklyn 3 Blade Ceiling Fan (Ale Brown)
Sleek in its form, streamlines in its function, Luminous New York Brooklyn comes with a monochrome blend inspired by the subtle contrasts within downtown Brooklyn. In this trendy range influenced by New York, modernity meets luxury. High-quality ABS motor covers which gives a modern look to the fan
Metallized lustrous centerpiece extending to the blades. Wider blades for better air thrust
Comes with an easy to clean, dust-repellent coating. Speed (RPM) 350
- 2 In 1 7″ Inch Leaf Table Fan Works In Ac And Dc When Power Fails.
- 2 Step Speed And 21 Led With Low And High Brightness, Individual Button For Fan & Light. Both Fan & Light Can Be Used At A Time. Led Lamp Can Be Used 8 Hours Or Fan Use Up To 4 Hours Or More. Led Light And Fan At The Same Time About The Same Use Of Up To 3 Hours…
- The Fan Can Be Mounted In Fall And Can Be Place On Table, An Be Carried Anywhere Easily, It Is Light Weighted Rechargeable Fan
- The Fan Height Can Be Adjusted Vertically, Swing Option Is Not There.
- New Updated Model With Extra Battery Backup Upto 8 Hrs
10. Crompton Uranus Ceiling Fan with Decorative Lights – 1200 mm (Ivory)
Ceiling fans have always been india’s go-to solution to beat the heat. As a cost-effective air circulator system, modern high speed ceiling fans not only help to keep your home cool and breezy, but can also add style to your room. Crompton’s range of ceiling fans offer the right balance of aesthetics and utility, and help to make sure that you stay cool, no matter what the weather. With easily adjustable speeds, crompton’s range offers an option to fit any kind of aesthetic setting. Note: incase of any issue with the product, kindly contact brand at 1800 419 0505 (9 am to 7 pm) monday to saturday. Technical specifications: sweep (mm):1200 mm speed (rpm):320 air delivery (cu.Mtr/min):200 power input (w):72.
- Add a royal touch to your living space with luxurious chandelier design of Uranus
- Get assured high performance and long life with Crompton Uranus ceiling fans.
- Warranty: 2 years warranty provided by Crompton from date of purchase
- The fan comes with 4 blades with rich electroplated finish and durable light shades
- 100% copper motor, double ball bearings, dynamically balanced blades. Superior components for longer life!
- Sweep Size = 1200 mm; Speed = 320 RPM; Air Delivery = 200CMM; Input Power = 72W
Buying a new Ceiling Fan? Keep these things
A ceiling fan is a must-have home appliance for summer. Whether you’re buying an indoor or outdoor ceiling fan for the first time, or you’re looking to replace an existing one, the choices can be overwhelming. Here are seven tips to help you avoid buyer’s remorse and buy the right ceiling fan for your home.
Once you’ve found the perfect ceiling fan, be sure to watch our DIY ceiling fan installation video and read our step-by-step guide!
Fans rotate at different speeds which is responsible for the cooling it delivers. This is measured by RPM or Rotations Per Minute. So, the faster the fan spins, the faster is the cooling. There are two types of pedestal fans available: Normal and High Speed.
- Energy Savings:
A very natural question you may ask yourself is- “does a pedestal fan even consume an amount of energy that I should be bothered about?” Well, yes it does. So much so, that if you get a good that you’ll be using round the year, you’d end up saving around 50% on your electricity bills!
- Remote Control:
As mentioned above, pedestal fans are not far behind ceiling fans when it comes to innovation. Today, you can find a that comes with a remote control with functions like speed control, oscillation control and timer control.
- Light Weight:
Think about it, you would want to buy a pedestal fan because you don’t want to fix it in a particular spot, right? It is safe to assume that you will use it in different areas in your home. Though not daily but regularly. So, a light weight pedestal fan will only make portability easier.
- Good Looks:
Today, customers are becoming more conscious of how home appliances blend with their home interiors. So, appliance-making companies are coping up to meet their expectations. Though you may not find a great variety of colours in pedestal fans, we are certain that you can find a sleek-looking product which blends seamlessly with any home interior. Additionally, some fans come with a LED display that smartly shows speed, timer, oscillation, etc.
- Less Maintenance:
Who would like a fan that often encounters problems, right? You should always look for a pedestal fan that not only has a long life but also comes with a long warranty. For example, the high-tech Atomberg pedestal fans come with a Brushless DC Motor which prevents motor heating and extends fan life. Additionally, they also come with a 2-year on-site warranty.
- Variable Speed:
Since, not all people like the same level of cooling, having variable speeds is a must. Besides, it also makes it convenient to use the fan across seasons. Even particular features, like boost mode (only in Atomberg fans), can prove to be of great use during particular seasons, especially in the summers.
- Swing Feature:
A quick Google search will show you that some pedestal fans are made to blow air only in a particular direction. That’s because a majority of them are only made for commercial purposes when the room sizes are large. For homes, swing feature becomes a must for better air circulation.